Greek Chicken with Olives
This is an example of chicken "Hunt Style" - chicken dishes made from
ingredients found in a particular region or country. This recipe originated in Greece.
It's good served over rice, pasta, noodles or toasted bread. Note that you can
substitute chicken breasts or chicken parts, skinned or unskinned.
- 1 (2- to 3-pound) chicken, cut up
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cups tomatoes (fresh or canned), chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar green stuffed olives or 3/4 cup salad olives
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- Salt, to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Brown chicken in olive oil. Remove chicken and sauté garlic and onions until
- Add tomatoes and olives and sauté until tomatoes (if fresh) are soft.
- Add pepper, oregano, wine, and chicken.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Taste for salt, as the olives are salty.
Serves 4 to 6.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes