Greek Chicken and Rice (Kotta Pilafi)
- 6 chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Dairy sour cream for garnish
- Sauté chicken breasts in butter until golden brown. Add onion, tomato, water,
cinnamon, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to
mix evenly. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes longer or until the rice is tender.
Add more water if necessary.
- Serve with a bowl of sour cream to be spooned over the rice.
Additions called in from Bessie: Use one whole broiler (3 pounds) cut up into
pieces. Sauté in 1/4 cup olive oil (not butter). Use 3 cups boiling water with the
rice instead of 2 cups (you won't have to add water later this way).
Posted by darlene at Recipe Goldmine 1/12/002 7:57 am
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.