- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 eggplants
- Meat Sauce: Brown ground chuck, onion and garlic. Add seasonings and tomato
sauce. Simmer while preparing Cream Sauce.
- Cream Sauce: Melt butter, then add flour and stir. Add milk gradually. Cook and
stir constantly until thickened. Add salt, pepper and eggs.
- Egpplant: Mix cheeses together. Slice unpeeled eggplant crosswise, then in half (half circle).
Brush with melted butter and salt lightly. Broil about 4 minutes on cookie sheet.
Lay eggplant end to end on bottom of greased casserole. Layer meat sauce, cream
sauce and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
This is much better the second day.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.