- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 eggplants
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Meat Sauce: Brown ground chuck, onion and garlic. Add seasonings and tomato
sauce. Simmer while preparing Cream Sauce.
- Cream Sauce: Melt butter, then add flour and stir. Add milk gradually. Cook and
stir constantly until thickened. Add salt, pepper and eggs.
- Egpplant: Mix cheeses together. Slice unpeeled eggplant crosswise, then in half (half circle).
Brush with melted butter and salt lightly. Broil about 4 minutes on cookie sheet.
Lay eggplant end to end on bottom of greased casserole. Layer meat sauce, cream
sauce and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
This is much better the second day.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes