Greek Garlic Dip (Skordalia)
- 6 slices whole wheat or white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, or to taste
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Soak the bread in water, then squeeze it to remove as much water as possible.
Combine it with the potatoes, garlic, and nuts in an electric food processor and
process until it becomes a smooth paste. With the processor running, add the olive
oil in a thin stream. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pita bread and/or raw vegetables for dipping.
Makes about 3 cups.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.