Greek Garlic Dip (Skordalia)
- 6 slices whole wheat or white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, or to taste
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Soak the bread in water, then squeeze it to remove as much water as possible.
Combine it with the potatoes, garlic, and nuts in an electric food processor and
process until it becomes a smooth paste. With the processor running, add the olive
oil in a thin stream. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pita bread and/or raw vegetables for dipping.
Makes about 3 cups.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes