Greek Goddess Salad
This makes a tangy, low-calorie lunch!
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head romaine or green-leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1/4 cup pitted, sliced olives, Kalamata or other oil-cured variety (optional)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Dressing: In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, oregano,
and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Salad: Dry lettuce thoroughly in a salad spinner or with a double layer of paper towels.
Place in a large salad bowl. Add bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, and feta. Pour the
dressing over the salad. Toss gently to coat.
- Divide the salad among serving plates and serve immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.