Greek Homestyle Chicken
This is a common meal in Greece and it smells delicious while it is cooking.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Juice of two lemons
- 4 or 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced french-fry style
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- One head garlic, the cloves peeled but whole
- Oregano, salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a shallow baking tray. Arrange potatoes around chicken pieces.
Scatter whole peeled cloves of garlic around chicken and potatoes.
- Mix together lemon juice and olive oil, and pour evenly over chicken and potatoes.
Add water until potatoes are just about covered. Add salt, pepper to taste. Cover
chicken and potatoes with generous amounts of oregano.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, until tops of chicken are reddish brown.
- Turn chicken, stir potatoes, and sprinkle on more oregano. If potatoes aren't
at least half-covered with liquid, add water.
- Return to oven for about 15-20 minutes. Chicken is done when both sides a
lightly browned and potatoes are soft when touched with a fork.
- Serve with a crusty bread or with pita bread.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.