Greek Homestyle Chicken
This is a common meal in Greece and it smells delicious while it is cooking.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Juice of two lemons
- 4 or 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced french-fry style
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- One head garlic, the cloves peeled but whole
- Oregano, salt and pepper to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking tray. Arrange potatoes around chicken pieces.
Scatter whole peeled cloves of garlic around chicken and potatoes.
- Mix together lemon juice and olive oil, and pour evenly over chicken and potatoes.
Add water until potatoes are just about covered. Add salt, pepper to taste. Cover
chicken and potatoes with generous amounts of oregano.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, until tops of chicken are reddish brown.
- Turn chicken, stir potatoes, and sprinkle on more oregano. If potatoes aren't
at least half-covered with liquid, add water.
- Return to oven for about 15-20 minutes. Chicken is done when both sides a
lightly browned and potatoes are soft when touched with a fork.
- Serve with a crusty bread or with pita bread.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes