Greek Honey Cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds*
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
* Almonds should be blanched.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place all nuts in baking pan. Bake until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally,
about 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Using electric mixer, beat honey in large bowl until thick and pale, about 2
- Whip cream in another large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold nuts into cream.
Gently fold cream into honey, leaving a few steaks of cream. Cover and refrigerate
until well chilled and slightly set, about 2 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.)
- Place dollop of honey cream on each plate. Surround with fruit and serve.
Posted by liz at Recipe Goldmine May 19, 2001.
Source: Bon Appetit magazine, February 1990
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes