Greek Honey Cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds*
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
* Almonds should be blanched.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place all nuts in baking pan. Bake until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally,
about 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Using electric mixer, beat honey in large bowl until thick and pale, about 2
- Whip cream in another large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold nuts into cream.
Gently fold cream into honey, leaving a few steaks of cream. Cover and refrigerate
until well chilled and slightly set, about 2 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.)
- Place dollop of honey cream on each plate. Surround with fruit and serve.
Posted by liz at Recipe Goldmine May 19, 2001.
Source: Bon Appetit magazine, February 1990
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.