Greek Mint and Ouzo Flavored Meatballs (Keftedakia)
- 2 slices Italian bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup ouzo
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pour Ouzo in a small bowl. Tear bread into small pieces and soak in Ouzo 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, sauté onion in 3 tablespoons oil until translucent,
about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and place in a large mixing
bowl. Squeeze bread dry, discarding Ouzo, and combine with onions. Add in turkey,
egg, mint, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Form meat mixture
into 1-inch balls and roll in flour to coat evenly. Place on a cookie sheet and
refrigerate 1 hour.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet, over medium high heat,
and sauté meatballs until browned, about 8 - 10 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.