Greek Mint and Ouzo Flavored Meatballs (Keftedakia)
- 2 slices Italian bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup ouzo
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Pour Ouzo in a small bowl. Tear bread into small pieces and soak in Ouzo 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, sauté onion in 3 tablespoons oil until translucent,
about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and place in a large mixing
bowl. Squeeze bread dry, discarding Ouzo, and combine with onions. Add in turkey,
egg, mint, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Form meat mixture
into 1-inch balls and roll in flour to coat evenly. Place on a cookie sheet and
refrigerate 1 hour.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet, over medium high heat,
and sauté meatballs until browned, about 8 - 10 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes