Greek Rice with Feta
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- In a deep sauté pan or saucepan, keep the oil over medium heat and sauté onion
and garlic for two to three minutes.
- Add the rice and continue cooking, stirring,
for two minutes, until coated with oil. Add the stock, stirring and scraping the
sides of the pan, until the rice is cooked. Season to taste with salt. Cover and
simmer over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Set aside, covered, to steam for five
to six minutes. Uncover and test for doneness. If the liquid is not absorbed in
the rice is not tender, return to the stove for a few minutes. Then add the feta,
scallions and cilantro. Stir gently just to mix.
- Serve immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.