Greek Rice Pudding
- 1/2 cup rice, preferably short-grain
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A grating of fresh nutmeg
- Ground cinnamon (for garnish)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine rice, cinnamon stick and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower
the heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add the milk, cornstarch mixture, and sugar to the pan. Increase the heat to
moderate and stir constantly until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Add lemon zest, vanilla extract and nutmeg and stir to combine. Spoon into individual
serving bowls or glasses and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Dust with a little
cinnamon before serving.
Serves 6 to 8.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes