Greek Saint Fanourios Cake (Fanouropita)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups corn oil
- 1/3 cup brandy or orange liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup each dried currants, raisins and chopped walnuts
- Sesame seeds for topping
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Put all the ingredients, except for the flour and baking soda, into a large bowl.
Mix to a creamy consistency.
- Add flour and baking soda and stir until just mixed.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan that has been sprinkled with sesame
seeds and then cover surface with more sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-60 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes