This salad is a favorite of mine. It doesn't include marinated artichoke
hearts but you can add them if you wish. When I do, I add one 6 1/2 ounce jar, drained.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 romaine lettuce, torn
- 6 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 6 cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup black olives, pitted (6 ounces)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and oregano.
Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese and olives.
Toss the salad with the dressing and serve at once.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 10/22/2001 9:08 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.