This lovely Greek dish needs crusty hard rolls or French bread and a light salad,
plus a glass of the dry wine you cooked with. Note that if at all possible, you
should always cook with "real" wine when recipes call for it - not the
bottled cooking wine sold in grocery stores, which has a very high salt content.
This serves two, so you may need to double or triple the ingredients.
- 3/4 pound frozen shrimp
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered or crushed oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can tomato wedges
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 to 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Sauté onion and spices in oil, in a skillet or pot that can be served at the
table. Drain tomatoes; reserve juice. Chop tomatoes coarsely and add to skillet
along with wine, salt and pepper; cook over high heat 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and reserved tomato juice and stir in. Cook over medium heat until
thickened. Add shrimp and cook on low heat until pink and curled. Remove from heat
and stir in cheese.
- Serve immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.