Greek Squid (Kalamarakia)
- 1 pound squid, about 2 inches long
- Flour, for coating
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Sauterne wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Wash the squid thoroughly, and pull out the soft backbone and ink sack from the
head of each. Remove the black membrane from over the whole squid. Coat them with
flour and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet and fry the squid until brown. Pour the
wine over the squid, stir, and turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Let the squid stand in the sauce for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Arrange on a hot serving dish. Serve on small individual plates with forks.
Servings: 6 as an appetizer
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes