Greek Stuffed Peppers and Tomatoes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 5 green bell peppers
- 5 round tomatoes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- Mizigra (Greek cheese) grated, or parmesan, grated
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Simmer and brown the onion and garlic in the extra virgin olive oil. Add meat
for 45 seconds or a minute – cook just until barely pink. Pour in basmati
rice, then stir for one or two minutes.
- Add salt and pepper; continue stirring. Remove from heat, then put into mixing
bowl. Add chopped basil, chopped parsley and chopped mint. Add a handful of the
grated cheese to mixture. Mix, then add egg, mix it in well with hands.
- Cut off tops of tomatoes to make lids. Scoop out interior of peppers and tomatoes,
throwing out insides of peppers. Take the insides of the tomatoes (tomato meat),
chop it up, then add to bowl of mixture.
- Stuff the peppers and tomatoes three quarters of the way. Place peppers and tomatoes
in oven-proof casserole. Pour 1/2 inch of water in bottom of casserole.
- Heat oven 400 degrees F.
- Pour some more oil over the lids on top of peppers, then add a little more salt
and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes at 285 degrees F (take
foil off last five minutes).
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes