Greek-Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1/4 pound feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon oregano
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Thaw the spinach and drain as much of the moisture as possible. Mix with the
crumbled feta cheese, grated Romano, salt and pepper.
- Make a slit in the side of each chicken breast. Fill the slit with the spinach
mixture and close with wooden picks.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet. Brown the chicken breasts on both
sides and remove to a warm platter.
- Sprinkle the flour into the same pan and integrate with the remaining oil. Cook
for about 1 minute. Slowly, add the wine and chicken stock and stir until a smooth
sauce has formed. Add the lemon juice and the oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and return the chicken to the pan. Cover the pan and reduce the
heat to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is very tender.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes