Greek-Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1/4 pound feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Thaw the spinach and drain as much of the moisture as possible. Mix with the
crumbled feta cheese, grated Romano, salt and pepper.
- Make a slit in the side of each chicken breast. Fill the slit with the spinach
mixture and close with wooden picks.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet. Brown the chicken breasts on both
sides and remove to a warm platter.
- Sprinkle the flour into the same pan and integrate with the remaining oil. Cook
for about 1 minute. Slowly, add the wine and chicken stock and stir until a smooth
sauce has formed. Add the lemon juice and the oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and return the chicken to the pan. Cover the pan and reduce the
heat to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is very tender.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.