Greek Turnovers (Skaltsounia)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 pound feta
- 3 ounces mascarpone
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and crushed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Whip the butter until it is light. Whip in the sugar and egg yolks and blend
well. Gradually add in the flour until it is smooth and soft. Add more flour if
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl cream together the feta, mascarpone, and eggs. Add the walnuts, orange
zest, mint and butter and blend well. Set aside.
- Roll out dough on a floured board and cut dough into 3-inch rounds. Take 1 tablespoon
of the mixture and place it in the center of the circle. Moisten the edges and fold
over into a half moon. Seal well. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.