Gyros (meaning circles) are a traditional Greek sandwich.
- 8 ounces lean minced lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- Cucumber and Yogurt Sauce
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pita pocket breads, slit on edges
Cucumber and Yogurt Sauce
- 4 ounces plain low fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Gyros: Lightly oil a heavy based frying pan. Mix together the onion and garlic and fry
gently until soft.
- Put the minced lamb in a mixing bowl, add the onion mixture together with the
oregano, cumin and lemon juice then mix thoroughly. Divide the mixture into two
and shape into patties.
- Cook the patties under a preheated grill for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the
meat is cooked.
- Carve the patties into thin slices and serve in pita pockets with the onion,
tomato and cucumber sauce.
- Cucumber and Yogurt Sauce: Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes