Honey Curls (Diples)
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Beat eggs well with vanilla extract. Add flour slowly, kneading lightly. Add
the 1/3 cup oil and mix well.
- Separate dough into five sections. Keep unused portion
covered to keep from drying. Roll one part on floured board until paper thin. With
pastry wheel, cut into strips 2 inches wide and the length of pastry. Roll on a
fork to form circle.
- Drop into very hot oil in a deep fat fryer so that dough will rise properly.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Dip Diples in hot syrup; sprinkle with cinnamon and nuts.
Boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes