- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 shallots or green onions, minced
- 1 pound lean ground lamb or beef
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated kefalotyri or Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs, if needed
- 1 pound filo pastry, defrosted
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add shallots and sauté until soft.
Add meat; mash with fork until browned. Add wine; simmer a few minutes. Stir in
parsley, mint, dill and tomato sauce; season with salt and pepper and simmer 20
- Add cheese and egg. If mixture appears too loose, stir in bread crumbs immediately
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove filo from package, covering with wax paper and damp towel. Take out one
sheet at a time, keeping remainder covered. Place oblong on flat surface. butter
filo, one sheet at a time, using pastry brush. Repeat with second sheet. Cut sheets
into 2 inch wide strips. Place 1 teaspoon filling at bottom of strip. Starting from
bottom, roll up like flag. Repeat until all filling is used.
- To bake, place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
Makes 35 to 40 pieces.
Triangles can be kept frozen in a tightly sealed container for up to two months.
To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Do not thaw; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes