Melomacarina (Greek Cookies)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) margarine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 to 5 cups flour
- Beat margarine, sugar and oil. Add baking powder and beat well. Add baking soda
to orange juice and stir until foamy, then add to first mixture. Beat well. Add
flour — as much as is needed to form cookies. Knead by hand and form cookies in
- Bake at 375 degrees F on ungreased cookie sheet. When slightly brown
on the bottom, remove from oven to let cool.
- When cooled, dip cookies in 1/2 honey and 1/2 water which has been brought to
a boil. Do this one at a time. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and sprinkle of cinnamon.
Makes about 70 delicious cookies!
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes