Nutella is the only thing that we can think of that would make baklava better.
- 1 package Athens Fillo® Dough (9 x 14), thawed
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella®
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Thaw one roll of fillo, following thawing instructions on package. Heat oven
to 350 degrees F.
- In a microwavable bowl, slightly heat the Nutella® until soft, about 40 seconds.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine nuts and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
- Unroll and cover the sheets with a damp towel or plastic wrap to prevent drying
out. Butter a 9 x 13-inch pan. Place one sheet of fillo in the bottom of the pan
and lightly brush the surface with melted butter. Layer and repeat with 9 more sheets.
Spread 1/3 of the Nutella® evenly on top of the fillo. Spread 1/3 of the nuts evenly
over the Nutella®. Repeat this process twice more. Layer with remaining fillo, about
10 sheets. Butter the top layer. With a very sharp knife, cut layers into thirds,
lengthwise. Then make a cut from one corner to the next and cut parallel diagonal
lines 1 inch apart to make diamond-shaped pieces.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until
the fillo is golden brown.
- While baklava is baking, combine brown sugar and water in small sauce pan over
medium low heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When the baklava is ready, remove from oven and pour hot syrup over the top.
Allow to set for 4 hours to overnight.
Prep Time: 35 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hr
Tip: Use a 7 x 11-inch pan for a thicker baklava.
Make ahead: Baklava can be made ahead, cooled, wrapped in plastic and frozen
for up to 2 months. To serve, thaw and garnish as desired.
Nutritional Info: Amount per serving: Calories 190, Calories from Fat – 120,
Total Fat – 14g, Saturated fat – 6g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 20mg, Sodium
– 50 mg, Dietary Fiber – 1g, Sugars – 9g, Protein – 3g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grecian Recipes