Roast Lamb (Leftiko)
- 1 (4 pound) lamb shank, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 pound whole onions, peeled
- 1 1/2 pounds whole potatoes, peeled
- 8 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients in a heatproof glass dish or ceramic pot that has a cover.
Also seal the top with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 4 to 5 hours.
- Uncover and serve hot immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.