Saganaki (Flaming Greek Cheese)
- 1/4 pound Kefalograviera, Kasseri, Kefalotiri or Romano cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Flour, as needed
- 3 teaspoons olive oil or butter
- Lemon wedges, as needed
- Oregano to taste
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Slice cheese into 1/4-inch thick slices. Dip cheese into egg, then coat lightly with flour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Place cheese in the pan; cook until golden brown on both sides – about 1 minute per side.
- Remove pan from heat. Add brandy, then carefully ignite. Douse flame with a squeeze of lemon juice, then sprinkle with oregano.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.