Skorthalia (Garlic Sauce)
This famous, pungent sauce is served in Greece with fried fish or vegetables.
This is commonly spelled "Skordalia."
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed
- Cold water
- 3 large cloves garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Soak bread in cold water for 5 minutes and squeeze dry.
- Put into a blender with the garlic, lemon juice or wine vinegar and walnuts, if desired, and process well.
- Gradually pour in the olive oil until you have a sauce the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Serve with vegetables or triangles of pita bread for dipping.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.