Spinach Balls (Pseftokeftedes Santorini)
- 1 1/4 cups peeled, chopped plum tomatoes or 1 1/2 cups cooked, well-drained, chopped spinach, or any other greens
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaping teaspoon fresh mint
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- Olive oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, scallions, garlic, herbs and spices. Add flour
and baking powder and mix together so that all ingredients are well blended and
have the consistency of a thick batter (about as thick as pancake batter).
- In a large heavy skillet, heat enough olive oil for frying. Taking a heaping
tablespoon at a time, drop batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove at once with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.