Tiropetes (Cheese-Filled Triangles)
- 1 pound feta cheese*
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound frozen phyllo leaves, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Crumble cheese in small bowl; mash with fork. Stir in eggs, chives and white
pepper until well mixed. Cut phyllo leaves lengthwise into 3 strips. Cover with
wax paper, then with damp towel to prevent drying.
- Using 2 layers phyllo at a time, place 1 heaping teaspoon filling on end of 1
strip; fold end over from one side to the other (to form a triangle) to opposite
end. Place on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining filling. Puffs can be
covered and refrigerated no longer than 24 hours at this point.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush puffs with butter.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes.
Makes about 36 triangles.
* Finely shredded Monterey jack cheese can be substituted for the feta cheese.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.