- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook and stir tomatoes and onions in butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat
for 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling, stirring once or
twice; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 14 minutes without lifting cover or stirring.
- Remove from heat. Fluff rice lightly with fork; cover and let steam 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.