- 2 medium or 1 large egglant, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium baking potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, or to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil and about 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a large heavy skillet
over medium heat and cook the eggplant slices on each side about 3 minutes, periodically
pressing on each slice with a spatula. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté green onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil about
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the butter inside a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Place a layer of the potatoes and sprinkle with half the oregano, half the salt
and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add half the eggplant and sprinkle with half the garam
masala and half the goat cheese.
- Top with half the tomato slices. Add the onion-and-garlic mixture. Then repeat
the potato, eggplant, cheese and tomato layers. Bake, uncovered, about 45 minutes,
or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, parsley and lemon juice in a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Serve the moussaka topped with yogurt sauce.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.