Baked Beef Curry with
Custard Topping (Bobotie)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or lamb
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs (about 1 1/2 slices bread)
- 1 cup milk1 egg
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Mix beef, bread crumbs, 1 cup milk, 1 egg, onion, almonds, raisins, lemon juice,
curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture in ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes; drain excess fat.
- Mix beaten eggs and 1 cup milk; pour over beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Place casserole in a 13 x 9-inch pan on oven rack.
- Pour 1 inch of very hot water into pan.
- Bake uncovered until beef is done and custard is set, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and pimento if desired.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Yield: 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.