- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® chuck blade roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 can lightly salted, roasted cashews
- 2 green chiles,
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 1/3 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 2 cardamom seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3 ounces yogurt
- 3 ounces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Blend nuts, chiles, ginger and garlic into a course paste with 1/3 cup water;
- In a small saucepan, warm milk and soak saffron for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Combine cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, coriander and cumin.
- Heat oil and butter
in a skillet and fry spices for 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Strain oil and spices
- Return oil to pan and tie spices in cheesecloth.
- Fry onion in oil until golden.
- Add nut paste, yogurt and spice bag. Cook for about
- Add beef and 1 cup water. Simmer for 1 hour; remove spice bag.
- Just before serving, squeeze saffron strands through cheesecloth into the milk
for optimum color.
- Add saffron milk, cream and cilantro to braised dish. Return
- Finish with fresh lemon juice and serve.
Nutritional information: Calories: 641 Fat: 41 g Saturated Fat: 15 g Cholesterol:
170 mg Carbohydrate: 23 g Dietary Fiber: 5 g Protein: 41 g Sodium: 439 mg Iron:
43% of Daily Value
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Certified Angus Beef, LLC.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.