- 1 pound okra
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic paste or powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander paste or powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Cut the tip and the very bottom from the okra just to clean it, but do not slice.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add all ingredients except okra, tomato and cilantro. Cook for 3 minutes.
okra, then cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato and cilantro.
- Serve with rice, naan or pita bread.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.