Carrot Pudding (Gajar Halva)
- 6 medium carrots, finely shredded
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios or slivered almonds
- Heat carrots and half-and-half to boiling in saucepan; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered,
stirring frequently, until half and half is absorbed, about 1 hour.
- Stir in brown sugar, raisins, butter, cardamom and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly,
until brown sugar is dissolved and mixture is of desired consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with pistachios or slivered almonds.
Yields 6 servings.
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.