Cauliflower with Spices
(Baghari Phool Gobi)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seed*
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
* If black mustard seed is not available, substitute yellow mustard seed.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet until hot. Cook and stir mustard and fennel seeds over medium heat until mustard seed pops, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, turmeric and red pepper. Cook and stir until garlic is light brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is crisp-tender and liquid is evaporated, 18 to 20 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.