Chick Pea Soondal
- 1 (15 ounce) can chick-peas or garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 dried red chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut powder
- Drain chick peas, wash and set aside.
- Heat oil in medium size skillet or wok over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, but
not smoking, stir in red chile pepper, black mustard seeds and urad dal. Cover and
fry until mustard seeds burst (you will hear a popping sound) and urad dal is golden.
- Immediately add drained chick peas, salt and coconut powder. Mix well and stir
fry an additional minute.
Makes 2 to 4 servings.
You may also add 1/2 teaspoon poodhi powder or a chopped green
chile. Stir well. Or, use dried red beans, dried green peas or dried chick-peas.
Soak dried beans in water over night. After soaking, cook beans in water until tender.
Drain water and set beans aside. Follow the recipe directions above.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.