Serve with Mango Chutney and rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Mango Chutney
- Hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in Dutch oven until hot. Cook chicken over medium heat until brown on
all sides, about 15 minutes.
- Drain fat from skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt,
onion and water. Cover and simmer until thickest pieces of chicken are done, 30
to 40 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Pour liquid from skillet into bowl; skim
fat. Return 1/4 cup liquid to skillet; stir in sour cream, curry powder, ginger
and cumin. Heat, stirring constantly, just until hot.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.