Chicken Curry 3
- 2 large onions, chopped
- Butter or margarine
- 2 frying chickens, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In heavy skillet, sauté onions in butter until golden and set aside.
- Brown chicken on all side in butter in a large skillet.
- Add water, onions, curry, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on top
of stove over low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice and condiments as desired.
Suggested condiments: salted peanuts, grated coconut, chutney, chopped hard cooked
eggs, crumbled bacon, raisins, chopped tomato, green pepper and onion in lemon