Chicken Curry 3
- 2 large onions, chopped
- Butter or margarine
- 2 frying chickens, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In heavy skillet, sauté onions in butter until golden and set aside.
- Brown chicken on all side in butter in a large skillet.
- Add water, onions, curry, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on top
of stove over low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice and condiments as desired.
Suggested condiments: salted peanuts, grated coconut, chutney, chopped hard cooked
eggs, crumbled bacon, raisins, chopped tomato, green pepper and onion in lemon
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.