Chicken Kabobs (Sate Ajam)
This features the Indonesian combination of spicy-hot and sweet. Serve with Peanut
- 2 large whole chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Remove bones and skin from chicken breasts. Cut chicken into 3/4-inch pieces. It is easier to cut while partially frozen.
- Mix chicken, soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, ginger and garlic in glass bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, at least 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Thread 4 or 5 chicken pieces on each of 14 to 16 bamboo skewers.
- Brush chicken with reserved marinade.
- Set oven to broil or 550 degrees F.
- Broil skewers with tops about 4 inches from heat for 4 to 5 minutes; turn. Brush with marinade.
- Broil until chicken is done, 4 to 5 minutes longer.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes