This is a traditional Indian barbecue recipe.
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) chicken
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/8 teaspoon chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- A spritzer of the type used to mist plants or dampen clothes for ironing
for the barbecue flare ups
- Wash the chicken and cut it up. Cut off and discard as much of the fat as possible
from under the skin, because the fat catches fire while cooking and causes the chicken
to burn. Dry the pieces.
- For the marinade, combine all the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the marinade and the chicken and leave it all day in the
once or twice.
- To barbecue, either a wood or a charcoal fire will do. Turn the chicken
often so that it doesn't burn, and when the fire does flare up, extinguish
the blaze by spraying it with water from the spritzer. It takes about 30 minutes to cook.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 9/22/02 7:56:50 am.