This is simple to make and tastes better with fresh coconut. If necessary, you
can substitute dry coconut shreds.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut*
- 2 teaspoons ghee
* Break open a fresh coconut, pry out the kernel, and shred in a food
- Mix the milk, sugar, and coconut in a saucepan and place on high heat. Keep stirring
often, and as the mixture begins to show signs of solidifying, lower the heat.
- Keep stirring. As the ingredients come together as a viscous mixture, add the
ghee, stir for a minute, and transfer the mixture to a shallow baking pan.
- When it is slightly cooler (and before the mixture sets), cut into squares. It should
set in about an hour. Use a sharp knife to pry out and separate into square pieces.
Makes 10 to 12.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes