This is simple to make and tastes better with fresh coconut. If necessary, you
can substitute dry coconut shreds.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut*
- 2 teaspoons ghee
* Break open a fresh coconut, pry out the kernel, and shred in a food
- Mix the milk, sugar, and coconut in a saucepan and place on high heat. Keep stirring
often, and as the mixture begins to show signs of solidifying, lower the heat.
- Keep stirring. As the ingredients come together as a viscous mixture, add the
ghee, stir for a minute, and transfer the mixture to a shallow baking pan.
- When it is slightly cooler (and before the mixture sets), cut into squares. It should
set in about an hour. Use a sharp knife to pry out and separate into square pieces.
Makes 10 to 12.
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.