- 2 tablespoons oil or margarine
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 to 5 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cardamom buds, crushed (optional)
- 3 whole bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground fresh or powdered ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 2 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cashews (optional)
- Heat oil or margarine in a heavy saucepan.
- Add onions and fry for 1 minute.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaves, ginger and garlic. Fry until light brown.
- Add rice, coconut milk, salt and water. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and cook
for 30 minutes or until rice is done.
- If desired, cashews can be added.
- Serve with chicken or beef curry or with yogurt chutney.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.