Crunchy Almond Chicken (Pakistan)
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 thin slice ginger root
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1/3 cup butter or
- Place almonds, garlic and ginger root in blender container; cover and blend until
- Mix almond mixture, salt, paprika, cumin and pepper.
- Dip chicken
skin sides up in ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees
F until thickest pieces are done, 55 to 60 minutes.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.