Cucumbers and Tomatoes in Yogurt (Raita)
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 scallions (with tops), chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Cut cucumbers lengthwise into halves. Scoop out seeds; chop cucumbers.
- Mix cucumbers,
scallions and salt; let stand 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes.
- Mix remaining ingredients
except yogurt; toss with cucumber mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Just before serving, fold in yogurt.
Yields 6 servings.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.