Curried Peas and Rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon
butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup cold cooked rice
- Rinse peas under cold running water to separate; drain.
- Heat oil and butter in
skillet until hot.
- Cook and stir onion, curry powder and salt in oil mixture over
medium heat until onion is tender.
- Add peas and rice. Cook, stirring frequently,
until mixture is hot and peas are tender, about 8 minutes.
Yields 6 servings.