As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 large, chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 carrots, diced
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the lentils, tomatoes, spinach, carrots, salt, ground cumin, coriander
and turmeric in a heavy saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the lentils are tender, about 15 to 20
- In a separate pan, heat the butter, add the cumin seed and stir.
- Add the red onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until golden brown.
- Add the onion mixture to the lentils and bring all to a quick boil.
- Remove the dal from the heat, sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes