East Indian Lamb Curry
- 2 pounds lean lamb, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup chopped instant onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon MSG
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tart apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons grated or flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons seedless raisins or dried currants
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dredge meat in flour and brown on all sides in hot shortening.
- Add onions to skillet; sauté a few minutes but do not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- For a mild curry, decrease amount of curry powder used.
- For hot curry, increase the amount of curry powder used. Cover.
- Simmer 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Serve with rice and an assortment of condiments.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes