- 8 ounces long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Wash the rice, then drain in a colander.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based deep pan and fry the shallot for about 2 minutes until golden.
- Add the cinnamon, turmeric
and crushed cardamom pods and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the lime leaves, rice and stock.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat to moderate. Simmer for 15 minutes, covered
with a lid. After 15 minutes lift the lid and check. The grains should be tender
with virtually no liquid left.
- Stir with a fork to fluff up.
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.