Golden Potato Slices
These are usually served with a chutney. A good choice is Cilantro Chutney.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
- Cilantro Chutney
- Heat 1 inch salted water (1/2 teaspoons salt to 1 cup water) to boiling.
potatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until almost tender, about
10 minutes. Drain; cool.
- Mix flour, the 1/2 cup water, salt, turmeric, red pepper and egg with fork until
smooth. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 to 1 1/2 inches oil to 375 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch slices. Dip potato slices into batter, allowing excess
batter to drip back into bowl.
- Fry a few potato slices at a time, turning occasionally,
until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon. Drain; sprinkle