Gujarati (Carrot Salad)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raisins, soaked in hot water for 1 hour (optional)
- Combine the carrots and salt in a mixing bowl, tossing to distribute the salt.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over moderate heat.
- Add the mustard seeds to
the hot oil and remove from the heat as soon as the seeds begin to pop, about 2
to 3 seconds.
- Pour the hot oil and mustard seeds over the carrots.
- Add the lemon juice and optional raisins and mix well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Serves 4 to 6.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes