Gujerati (Green Beans)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 hot red dried chile, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Black pepper to taste
- Trim the beans and cut into 1-inch lengths. Blanch by dropping them into a pot
of boiling water and boiling rapidly for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain in a colander, rinse under cold running water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add mustard seeds.
As soon as they begin to pop, add garlic and stir until lightly brown.
- Add crushed red chile and stir for a few seconds.
- Add green beans, salt and sugar. Stir to mix.
- Turn heat to medium/low. Stir and cook the beans for 7 to 8 minutes until they
have absorbed the spiced flavors.
- Add black pepper, mix and serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes